Saturday, October 13, 2007

Slope sandwiches and such

Naidre's
384 7th Ave (btwn 11th/12th)
Park Slope, Brooklyn
718.965.7585

This tiny coffeeshop/cafe on 7th has always been delicious, no matter what we've tried. Personality is showcased on the sidewalk chalkboard sitting outside and updated each day. They sell coffee, sandwiches, salads, a display-case-ful of treats and pastries and cookies. Their sandwiches are perfect when I am craving something tasty but not formal and not from home. The Alamo is my absolute favorite--a chicken wrap with black beans, avocado, and chipotle dressing. The 7th Avenue, with chicken & avo on ciabatta, is very nice, as is the Farmer John with apples & mustard. Their house salad inspired me to put cranberries, goat cheese & walnuts on my own salads at home, though I haven't perfected their tasty balsamic dressing myself. Check it out for sandwiches & snacks!

No comments: